Bruce Meyer, Connie Mayfield, Cheryl Kempenich, Bob Milam, Christine Milam, Lori Richert, Kevin Murphy, Monica Kinny, Jason Houle and Joyce Wilking.

Annual Meeting Assessment: (held April 11 at Uncommon Loon Brewery) Members thought it went well, the venue worked well, the screen & projector were great and guest speakers were well received. The venue appreciated GLA doing cleanup after. Suggestions for next year: correct speaker system & need longer cord, extend another hour & start earlier, record meeting and put video on website, put overheads on website.

Note: Weirs checks still being done weekly. Gauges need to be recalculated yearly.

Newsletter: the board would like to expand the newsletter by four pages (single sheet) to spread out business member’s advertisements. Christine will check on additional cost.

Curly Leaf Treatment: Bob Milam reported they treated less curly leaf this year but just now new growth is popping up in new areas. They would like to switch the permit date to spray later. He plans to spray for milfoil the week of June 15. Chemicals will be purchased from Lake Management. Spraying has to stay 125’ away from shore. From that point in is the property owner’s responsibility. The pontoon ran great. We don’t need a new motor. GLA currently has 2 new options to park and store the pontoon.

Phragmites: have been found to the right and left of Green Lake public access. Samples were sent in to the U of M and were identified as invasive. We will need a group of people to check to see if there is more from the public access going towards town to Ojekita. This should be done after the 4th of July.

City Dock: Lori reports that John Peckman expects the dock to go in on June 11th. It will be a 5’ floating dock, ADA compliable with a lip all around. A 5’ ramp that can be removed annually to make room for snowmobilers will get started June 28th. They are adding a launch device for kayaks and pontoons will be able to dock. There will be no cutout at the bottom of sidewalk. Instead it will be cutout up on the side. An arch with ‘Chisago’ will be installed after the ramp is done. The treehouse is on city property. John will talk with owners of the treehouse. A grant has been approved for plantings and railings. Casey Theil will help GLA decide on which plants to keep erosion down and help the rain system. Plantings will take place in the fall. We might be able to get another grant which brought up suggestions for: installing a launch system at Ojekita that would enhance the trail system or get picnic tables for little green that are handicap accessible and maintenance free.

Finances: Cheryl reported $25K in checking and $21K in CDs.

Carp Barrier: Bruce installed the barrier and thanked the volunteers who check it to keep weeds out so the water can keep flowing. He reported Frankie’s will not be sponsoring a carp fest this year. Last night the DNR had a boat out doing electrofishing for largemouth bass.

Seechi Disc Reading: Bruce reports the clarity for Green Lake is 12’ and Little Green is 11’.

Upcoming:

  • The coalition meeting for Chisago/Lindstrom lake association presidents is June 25th.
  • The LID meeting is Mon, June 3rd.