January 31, 2018
Bob Milam, Christine Milam, Bruce Meyer, Connie Mayfield, Kevin Murphy, Cheryl Kempenich, Lori Reichert
Lori found out it would not be a good idea to become a non-profit. Better to be an association.
- What should we do with the money in our checking? Cheryl checked into CDs –
- Feb CD that is $5k add $5k from checking and put it in a 30 month
- When CD that matures in July if we have enough money we should put it into another 30 month and if the funds are still good, add another $5k to it.
- Online reoccurring payment for the GLA Dues, would this be something we could get set up?
- Sunday afternoon – April 29th, 2:00-5:00pm – Camp Ojekita
- Kevin will talk with Bill Mack to see if we can get a discount at Camp Ojekita
- Speaker – Frankie
- Bob will call Mike to see when the permits will be needed.
- Food – pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, chips, water, pop
- They are supposed to pick it up, it hadn’t been picked up yet.
- Dave Carr is taken over the Responsibility
- Christine will make a Sign – No Paper, plastic or cardboard in the bin
Lion’s Crappie Tournament on the 6 lakes in the area
- May 5th – the weigh in for the fish will be at Green Lake Landing
- They want the GLA part of it because of our non-profit status for donations because the Lion’s is a 501c4
- Volunteers may be needed. But we aren’t sure yet. More to come.
- There will be hot-dogs and hamburgers and stuff at Frankie’s and the awards.
St Croix River Association Survey
- Who wants to Respond? Survey Monkey – Bob, Lori and Kevin did it.
- Lake Clean up – once ice houses are off. So far the lake is clean of garbage. Connie and Bruce were out
on the lake. Ice out is March 4th. Bob will head that up. Connie will send out a volunteer request.
- City Dock Installation – Bruce and Kevin will monitor that when it needs to go in.
- City Reconstruction – Monica said it is not a done deal, they are hush, hush on it at the moment.
- Final Beach Cleanup – there is just a little bit left to do to clean it up and it is good to go.
- Winter Blast was last weekend, they had sled dogs at Camp Ojekita. There were lots of activities
- Volunteers for the 3 LID booths – Home Show which is coming up the first weekend in March, Carl
Oscar Days, Chisago City Days
- Funds for AIS and the Navigation Channels – $500-$1000. Bruce would go to the City Council. They use
to give money to the GLA. Bob suggested he bring up more than just the navigation channel and the
- Starry Stonewart weed conference in Minneapolis is coming up, who can or wants to go. Lori will
check it out and maybe go.