Attendees: Bruce Meyer, Cheryl Kempenich, Bob Milam, Kevin Murphy, Dale Grosskopf, Mark Anderson (Chisago City Council member) and Connie Mayfield
- Annual Spring Meeting
- Date is Sunday April 19th , will be held at the Uncommon Loon. Guest Speakers will be Frankie Dusenka from Frankie’s Marine and Don Skelly from High Pointe Land (new owners of the former Lakeside Elementary school property)
- 2020 Spring Newsletter
- Expanding it to an additional 4 pages for more articles and to spread out the 29 business sponsors
- Board members need to get their articles into Christine Milam no later than March 16. We want to get the newsletter out before the annual meeting on April 19 th
GLA has offered to purchase ADA compliant picnic tables for the Little Green Lake landing. We are waiting for approval from the Park Department of the style and material.
- Phragmite’s Testing
- GLA is fortunate we only found 2 sites with Phragmites this summer, no other sites were found this winter.
- Treasurer has invoice business sponsors for this year’s commitment. New Business sponsors include Paper Chase, Edward Jones, Chisago City and Gregory Contracting
- Checking account is $30,000 and we have 2 CD’s of $10,800+ each
- Carp tournament will not happen and the Lions Club Crappie tournament may not happen as well.
- Lake Clean up is slated for March 1 st , (Ice houses must be off lake by March 2nd per DNR). If the weather is good and ice is safe, we may postpone till March 8th . Our lake has been very fortunate the past few years with little or no debris.
- 2020 AIS treatment
- LID has decreased their funding by $1000 to each lake association, earmarking those funds to help eradicate phragmites
- DNR is back with grants for lake associations. DNR will fund delineation by 3 rd party for AIS detection.
- New GPS, Bob Milam has been looking at several for the
pontoon treatment boat. Likely run around $500.
- Music on the Lake will be Thursday July 16. Member Tim Lackas has a jazz group CC Septect that has volunteered to play their music. More details later.
- Lake Improvement District has a member At Large position open. Interested parties can fill out an application form and submit to the LID. Unlike the district positions, the At Large position represents all lakes in the watershed.
- Bruce Meyer, President, purchased a new microphone and cable for the GLA sound system.
- Carp fencing will be done again this spring in 2020 between Little Green Lake and Lake Ellen.
- The topic of GLA participating in the Ki Chi Saga Day parade, using the GLA sound system to have music on the float.
Group discussed promoting Ojiketa Regional Park public activities to our membership. Possibly putting up a sign at the beach so the public knows they can stop to swim, play in the sand or hike the trails. All recognized many lake homeowners have little awareness of the park, many think it is private property.